Equita is a leading Italian independent investment bank, listed on the STAR segment of the Italian Stock Exchange (the segment dedicated to midsize companies which voluntarily adhere to high transparency and disclosure requirements). Since inception and for more than 45 years Equita has supported professional investors, corporates and institutions with its competences and valuable knowledge on financial markets.
The origins of Equita date back to 1973 when Euromobiliare – one of the first independent merchant banks in Italy active in capital markets and investment banking – was established. Since then we have helped institutional investors with our research and deep understanding of the Italian financial markets.
Over the years we have developed new competences and consolidated institutional relations, thanks to the several partnerships we had with commercial banks.
Then, after a parenthesis with a financial investor (2007-2015), the management team began in 2015 a reorganisation process – completed in 2017 – with which it took over the entire Equita’s stake and transformed the Equita Group in the independent investment bank we know today, controlled by its management.
What we do
The Equita business is divided into three different areas – Global Markets, Investment Banking and Alternative Asset Management – all supported by a well-known research team, recognized by international investors for its proven expertise.
Business model and market positioning
Equita distinguishes from other players for its independence, expertise, trustworthy relationships, and privileged access to capital markets.
These features – together with our independent advisory and in-depth knowledge of capital markets – credit Equita among domestic and international investors, and uniquely position it in the Italian market, also thanks to our specific focus on small and mid-cap companies.
- The leading broker in Italy among independent players that do not belong to banking groups for brokerage of financial instruments
- Among the top 3 research teams in Italy, according to the most relevant sector rankings and based on opinions of institutional investors
- Standing investment banking team in the Italian framework, with a complete range of products and services, from independent advisory to fund raising of equity and debt capital, supporting corporate, financial and institutional clients
- Among the top 10 M&A advisors in Italy by number of deals
- Among the first players in Italy to offer alternative investment solutions to traditional portfolio management, including private debt and private equity initiatives for instance
Equita leverages on a management team with multi-year experience in the financial domain and considerable level of seniority within the company. This reflects the internal policies adopted by Equita and aimed at developing, enhancing and incentivising its professionals.
Moreover, the concept of “partnership” is key for Equita: all the managers actively contribute to create value for clients and managers’ commitment is guaranteed by their participation into the share capital of the company.