Group Structure

The structure of the Equita Group is currently as follows:

Struttura Gruppo 2019 ENG (web)

Equita Group S.p.A.

Equita Group S.p.A., founded on 18 September 2015 and initially named Turati 9 S.p.A., is the company under which management has reorganised the control and corporate governance structure of Equita and with which it has seized new growth opportunities such as the Alternative Asset Management business line.

On 25 January 2016 Equita Group S.p.A. acquired a 50.5% stake in Equita SIM S.p.A., and on 1 July 2017, through the merger by incorporation of Manco S.p.A., it acquired the remaining 49.5% of Equita SIM S.p.A., becoming its sole shareholder and completing its management’s reorganisation process.

Equita Group S.p.A. was then admitted to trading on the AIM Italia – Alternative Investment Market on 21 November 2017 and started trading on 23 November 2017.

Equita Group S.p.A. was subsequently listed on the Italian Equities Market (MTA) of Borsa Italiana, STAR segment, on 19 October 2018, with first trading day on 23 October 2018.

 

Equita SIM S.p.A.

Equita SIM S.p.A., a securities brokerage company, wholly owned by Equita Group S.p.A., is the company to which Equita's origins are linked and which accounts for most of the group's operations.

As a securities brokerage firm, Equita SIM S.p.A. has always made a name for itself in its historical activities such as equity brokerage and investment banking, both supported by research on listed securities, and for many years has ranked at the top of the surveys conducted with institutional investors.

Specifically, Equita SIM S.p.A. is authorised by Consob to provide investment services such as dealing on its own, executing orders on behalf of clients, underwriting and/or placing on the basis of an irrevocable commitment to the issuer, placing without an irrevocable commitment to the issuer, receiving and transmitting orders, managing portfolios without holding, even temporarily, clients’ cash and financial instruments and without the assumption of risks by the company, and investment advice.

 

Equita Capital SGR S.p.A.

Equita Capital SGR was established in 2019 to create a strong platform dedicated to the management of liquid and illiquid assets on behalf of institutional investors and banking networks that are looking for ad-hoc investment solutions to propose to their retail clients. Visit the dedicated website to discover more about Equita Capital SGR and its products.

 

Equita PEP Holding S.r.l.

Equita PEP Holding S.r.l. is a 50/50 joint venture between Equita Group S.p.A. and Private Equity Partners S.p.A., created in 2017 to capitalise on the skills and experience developed by the two companies and to expand Equita's Alternative Asset Management business.

The joint venture aims to design and launch innovative private capital investment instruments that meet the changing needs of the markets and use investment and funding techniques tailored to the specific needs of corporates and investors, on a case-by-case basis and always characterised by a robust and medium to long-term business approach.

These new investment instruments include the launch of EPS Equita PEP SPAC S.p.A. in June 2017, a special-purpose acquisition company the ordinary shares of which were admitted to trading on AIM Italia – Alternative Investment Market, and which raised € 150 million.

Subsequently, following the business combination between EPS Equita PEP SPAC S.p.A. and Industrie Chimiche Forestali S.p.A., EPS Equita PEP SPAC S.p.A. was object of a proportional demerger and the unused resources (for approximately € 74 million) were transferred to the new vehicle, EPS Equita PEP SPAC 2 S.p.A..

More about Equita PEP SPAC